Saturday, August 4, 2018

190

I have 190 days alcohol free this year!  I meant to never drink again, and that may be the case further down the road, but for now, I'm content, at peace, and at a better place then I was two years ago.  I won't pretend I've conquered the addition of alcohol, because there have been times, where the switch "turns on" and there no stopping the next drink.  Knowing this keeps me on my toes.  At times, I sometimes think of myself as a failure, because I have drank this year, but I'm in control of my thoughts.  I'm not a failure, I'm a work in progress!  And yes, less is more!!

5 comments:

  1. Everyone’s story is different! This is your story to tell!
    Hugs!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and may I grow and learn to head in the right direction with being honest with myself in the process. You are a shinning star I look up to, thank you for being you. xoxo

      Delete
  2. You are doing really well. 190 days is fantastic, and we all know this is a process of changing our relationship with alcohol. Whether that means cutting down or cutting completely out. For me it has to be completely out, I can't maintain any other way (well I can maintain heavy drinking :) ) but you are managing to cut down and feel better which is great. x

    ReplyDelete