Monday, July 23, 2018

Doing Well

July has been so HOT here in southern California.  Our air conditioning broke two days ago, and here I sit waiting for the technician to finish installing a whole new system, a multi thousand dollar job.  But you know what, it's all good.  I have an emergency fund for things like this, I've prepared.  Of course I wish I didn't have to spend money on this kind of stuff, but life happens. I'm lucky, really, because I will have nice cool air soon.  I can't wait.

So on the drinking front, I have to say, I've enjoyed beer this month.  I don't feel bad about it, as I haven't drank to numb or chase things away from my life.  It's just been so good, a few cold beers, well a couple times I drank 5 beers, but through out an afternoon and evening.  It been six times I've drank this month, and I may drink one more time this month, as the our local, chili cook-off is this weekend.  Will I go back to daily drinking, wine being the beast it's been to me?  I don't think so.  My mind set is different, I'm content, grateful, appreciative and at peace with myself.  I know this may backfire on me, and I'm taking a chance going backwards, I am taking a big risk, but I am happy.

I have this blog to keep me on my toes, only for myself.  Staying honest about this whole journey is important.  I was in such a ugly, bad place three years ago, when I first came across the blog world, looking for help.  Now, I feel so much better where I am at, I don't want to go back to where I was three years ago.

So, I shall keep trying, less drinking days next month for sure.




4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are able to cut back.
    Some people can do that.
    I am so glad you can be honest here!
    It helped me to be able to be honest.
    Hugs!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't plan for it to be this way, and not drinking is better, because they are so many negatives when one drinks the way I have in the past. The summer weather triggered the cold beer, but also, I've enjoyed the social time with it as well. It's drinking at home, behind close doors that I can't let happen. As long as I stay honest about what I am doing, I shouldn't be ashamed, and if things start spiraling downward, then I have more work to do. Thank you for understanding. xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you are doing well and are happy. We are all different and you are doing what seems to be working for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in a good place right now. The goal was to never drink again, and maybe it will be like that one day. For now, I can say, less is more!

      Delete