Saturday, November 3, 2018

Struggling

I have not gotten back on track with NOT drinking.

I am struggling. 

I haven't given up wanting to be sober.  I've just been in denial thinking drinking here and there is fine.  It's not.  I have fallen back to old habits which are self-destructive. 

It's time to TRY again.  I did so well the first half of this year, and it was good.  I know it can be good again.

“Some of the most beautiful things we have in life comes from our mistakes.” 
― Surgeo Bell

6 comments:

  1. Oh good for you! Abstinence is better than moderation. Easier even though it doesn't feel like it right away. Pick a day and go!

    Big hugs, :-)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had to try it though, because you were going well. Now you know that long term moderation doesn't work for you. We just need to trial these things and learn as we go. A sober christmas is so much better than a drinking one, it's a good time of year to start again. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, it wasn't all bad, but I saw the patterns creeping up again, and I don't want to fall ALL THE WAY DOWN. Lessons learned! Hope all is well with you PDTG!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lia!
    I have tried to moderate, and finally came to an acceptance that not drinking is the easiest. I am so glad you are not giving up!
    I got sober in fall.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear Wendy~! Not drinking really is easiest, it is!
      xo, ll

      Delete