Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Two Years Trying

Today is the second year anniversary of this blog.  This time last year, I wrote on how grateful I was for changing the course of my drinking.  I still haven't managed to be 100% sober.  I have improved significantly from 2015, but I still have work to do.  After my last post, I was so happy with my continued progress, and then I fell.  Since Easter, I've only drank twice, but one of those times was a whopper of an episode.  Let's just say, I cannot continue to pretend I can control drinking when it suits me.  I may share what happened on Friday, May 24th, down the road, but for now, let's just say, "I hope I learned another lesson."  A lesson that has (and is) keeping me pretty strong to stay the course.

I will not give up, "trying to give up for good"! 


6 comments:

  1. Don't ever give up. It took me YEARS of the knowing and the wanting and the trying.

    We are all here for you. :-)

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means a lot to me, the support. I have to believe it will happen, never drinking again. I'm trying!!

      Delete
  2. I would like to never drink again but right now I'm pretty excited that I have not drank 52 out of the last 68 days. That is huge progress that I need to not lose sight of. And YOU! Only twice since Easter! I think aiming for the Sun is good and we don't want to lose sight of that (pardon the pun), but making it off earth and up to Jupiter is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we are doing much better, you're buddy support off-line has been crucial to getting back on track for me. Thank you HD, for everything!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your blogaversary. And nice to hear the episodes have decreased in number. Wishing you a sweet and sober summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark! Nice of you to stop by and leave me words of encouragement. As you can read, I'm not much of a writer, but it works for me.

      Delete