Saturday, May 5, 2018

120

One hundred and twenty days alcohol free!  Sober for almost most of the year!!  While I did have a few days where I did drink, and one of those days very bad, I feel such a sense of achievement I'm here at all.  It's been a challenge.  It hasn't been easy.  I've wanted to give up entirely.  What has kept me going is faith & trust that true contentment, peace and freedom are around the corner.   Many of you wonderful people in this sober-sphere have shared this over and over, it's just has to be true.  There are some, who do differ with this, but the majority say it worth every ounce of effort to get sober for good.

I do believe that, even when I have my worse days of fighting the self-talk to just drink, damn it!

I AM WORTH THE FIGHT!

5 comments:

  1. You are very much worth it and although it takes longer than one thinks it should, it really will get -lots- better. One can’t really see it in the moment but then you will look back with wonderment. Go you!

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to above!
    Yes to you!!!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete