Monday, April 30, 2018

Goodbye April

Four months of the year gone as of midnight today.

I can't believe I'd made it (almost) alcohol free since January 1st. But I have!

What will May bring?  Hopefully, growing peace and contentment.  I still fight myself at times, wanting to drink, because I want to get drunk.  No other way to put it.  And if all the negative things over drinking gives one, wasn't the case, I'd happily drink away.  But that's not the case. 

So for now, I'm going to focus on how far I've come!  A long way for me, but I know it's only baby time in the scheme of things.  And you know, that's okay for now.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lia! That is all we need, just right now!
    I Make plans for the future, learn from the past, and live today!
    Hugs!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Keep doing what’s working.
    I understand what you mean. I would want to get drunk too. That’s just how it is.
    So I don’t and life is good.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work - keep going! :-)

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind hopefully .... you WILL feel peace and contentment x. You are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies, each and everyone of you! While it's only the 3rd day of May, it's been a good month so far. LOL!

    I'm feeling strong minded and will keep going, come what may!

    ReplyDelete