Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy and Sad

I'm so ready to stop drinking, again.  When I started this blog June 2016, it was after a terrible binge of drinking.  I had been keeping a journal the year prior on my drinking, trying to document how much I drank, when, why, because I had gotten out of control to the point of despair.  As I was going through this period, I was attending AA meetings, sporadically, telling my closes family members of my drinking problem and found the world of bloggers sharing their stories about alcohol problems.  Reading so many different stories, by so many different people getting sober and staying so, was inspiring, and so, I thought, just do it too!  Blog.

Well, my journey has not been a straight shot to soberville.  I've taken side-turns and step-backs along the way, but I can say, I'm in a better place now, then I was June 2016.  However, I still have issues with alcohol at times, and the only way for these issues to go away, to stop, is to not drink.

This time, I have a lovely woman helping me, virtually holding my hand to help me get back on track. Done With My Wine Habit has agreed to tag-team with me to keep each other accountable.  I know I will not let her down!  I won't, because I don't want to let myself down either.  We are in this together for 30 days straight.  Day 31 shouldn't be too hard by then, right?  I'm not going to think of day 31 for now, Day 1 is enough for now.

If you celebrate Easter, may it have been a wonderful one.

5 comments:

  1. I’m glad you have a sober buddy!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I know you will be there cheering us on!

      Delete
  2. Feeling really good about this, this time. Day 1 for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, even given what's happening in my life right now. Which I share a bit about for my next post. But actually, today is my Day 2, hehehe!

      Delete
    2. Alright, you go girl! I'm right with you!!

      Delete