Monday, April 29, 2019

Week Two

One whole week down!  It hasn't been too hard, not drinking.  I'm not itching, craving or feeling down about not drinking.  All good.

Two factors are contributing to this at the moment.

One, my sober buddy, Habit, is walking this path with me.  We committed 30 days to each other.  I do not want to break that commitment.

Two, extended-family dynamics are and have been foremost in my life since late last year.  I wrote about some of these in a prior post, so I won't go into details here.  I am fortunate in many, many ways, and giving back to my family members is helping me to stay sober.  I wish I could magically take care of all their problems and issues, but I can't.  Damn, if I had magical powers, this world would be a very different place, but I digress.

For now, I'll take anything going on in my life, right now, which will keep me on the straight and narrow.

I'm human.  And if I look to the future, I still wonder about drinking.

But for now, I'll think about today only.

3 comments:

  1. You're keeping me on the straight and narrow. Will deal with "after 30 days" when I get there! One day at a time works for me now.

    ReplyDelete