Sunday, January 21, 2018

Crying Is Okay

When I would be hurt by someone or some situation, my go to defense was anger, especially when I was drinking. I would have given a big argument why we shouldn't do this or that, or whatever, because I was afraid, but not anymore. There's a whole other blog worth of reasons why, but that's not important at the moment.  Now when I'm hurt, I say what I think is the cause, etc.  And sometimes, I cry when I try to explain what I'm feeling when hurt.   I'm realizing it's okay to express vulnerability.  I'm not a loser for doing so...and after yesterday's post, my husband came upon me crying.  He asked what was the problem, so I told him why I didn't want to move, yet.  And he understood.  He agreed it was an impulsive jump on his part and he knows, eventually, the right time to move will come.

So all is well in our household.  Okay, with a little annoyance on my part because of all the footballs games going on right now.  :-)

Happy Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. One of the biggest things for me early on was figuring out how to feel feelings. Crying is just fine! As the song goes: It’s all right to cry/crying gets the sad out of you. Glad it all worked out. :)
    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats good he realises it was a sudden decision. I would be feeling the same as you are. Im glad you told him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm glad I told him. It wasn't meant to be and he is okay with how it worked out. Life!

      Delete