Sunday, September 10, 2017

Hurricane Irma

Sunday morning and all I've been listening to, reading and watching is the major storm taking place in Florida (actually been paying attention since Saturday night).  Between the Houston flooding, Mexico earthquake and this hurricane I feel like "Mother Earth" is saying enough with you insensitive human beings!

But I also feel like this is a sign for me as well.  The past year and a half, I've been trying to stop drinking for good.  My inner turmoil with drinking felt like all three of these episodes happening right now.  The degree of angst was extremely high.  While I'm not 100% sober, meaning I had a lapse last month after a good start, I'm back on track.  I don't want to have raging emotions concerning drinking to be part of my life anymore.  I don't want to self-destruct.  I want peace.

Please keep all the people in the world, who have or are dealing with these catastrophic events, in your prayers.  I cannot image what they are going through, but I know they will need as much help and support they can get.  My heartfelt prayers to them all.

4 comments:

  1. The news is scary and I'm compelled to watch as well. Prayers to all affected for sure. Great job on your own journey of sobriety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking brought hurricanes inside of me, as well as all around me.
    I am so glad I am no longer in the chaos drinking brings!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happy to know it can be done, and you're a shinning example!
      :-)

      Delete