Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Yeah for September!

I'm back on track, feeling pretty good this time about NOT drinking.  Instead of feeling sorry for myself, that I cannot drink, I'm feeling positive that I won't drink.  I know drinking isn't ALL fun, especially when one doesn't know how to drink moderately like myself.  It's a good thing to not "want" to drink, only took me 25 years to figure out!

I wish I was a better writer, more engaging, etc., but I'm not, so head over to Mummy was a Secret Drinker's blog and read her latest post:

5 Reasons Why September is a Great Month to Quit Drinking

And may I add a 6th reason, you'll love yourself more for it!

Thank you Mummy!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lia,
    I made my first ever comment on Sober Mummy's blog and read your comment. Have read back through your blog from the beginning. I quit on the 24th June and it has been tough at times, but getting easier. Just really offering my support and to say well done for picking yourself up after your small holiday setback. Onwards and forwards!
    Best wishes from a Brit living in France.
    Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrisredux (Brit living in France)! Thanks for commenting on my blog. As you know, I quit early June and the first weeks were tough for me, as I kept fighting myself on thinking I was missing out by not drinking. For some odd reason, drinking during my vacation changed my mind set. Right now, I'm on a "happy" phase, grateful for "not" wanting to drink. I pray my mindset stays in this phase for a long while.

      Good luck to you! I know once I started to interact with the soberverse, I became stronger in my convictions to stop drinking. You will too. As you wrote, "Onwards and forwards" indeed!!

      Delete
  2. You go! Sometimes it takes a lot of getting ready to get ready and then you're off and running! Sending virtual thoughts of support your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HD! Receiving those "virtual thoughts of support" you sent my way. I appreciate you taking the time to cheer me on! I need it, hahaha...but really, thank you. ◉‿◉

      Delete