Thursday, December 19, 2019

32 Days - Office Christmas Party

Today was my company's Christmas party.  It has become a low keyed affair, given the last few years the company hasn't done very well.  I've been there almost seven years.  The first three Christmas parties were alcohol infused events; at one of them, I drank too much to where I needed a ride home.  Times have changed.  I drank Perrier and watermelon juice.  Lots of it!  I did not miss having a Margarita at all!  There were only 15 people, and half drank, but not much.  We had some games to play, did a white elephant gift exchange, ate, and had a nice time together.  When I left, I felt good.  In the past, I would have started drinking at noon, and kept up through the night.  Here it is 6:30 p.m., ready to relax, read maybe, then hit the sack by 8:30.

It's still early days yet, and I know there will be times where I will struggle.  For now, today, I did not.

:-)

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Lia!
    Even at our teacher’s Christmas parties we used to all get drunk. Even the some of the principals!
    I remember some parties people would try to slow me down.
    Ugh.
    Yay you, honey!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing this, and during one of the hardest seasons to do so...thanks for cheering me on, always! xo, ll

      Delete
  2. Brilliant. Well done Lia! It is hard especially at this time but you sailed through that and gained time. Well done. Jim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're looking for fun things to do online this Christmas at work, Here are 7 Online office Christmas party ideas that are Perfect for Remote Teams.

    ReplyDelete