Saturday, December 7, 2019

Day 20 - Not As Easy As I Had Hoped It Would Be

Saturday night, just after 6pm, after a long, eventful day and I want to have a drink.  Really, a few drinks.  I won't have them, but I want them.  I do not physically crave them, it's more the thought of the flow of the alcohol hitting my blood stream and changing my mindset, relaxing me.  I miss that feeling.  I do.

What is so hard is thinking these thoughts.  I try not to; I try to keep busy; I allow myself sweets; I leave and do things, and it all helps, but those thoughts are still there.  I know from all I read of those who have broken this cycle, it is time which will make these thoughts become less and less, until they are no more.

I have made it 30, 35, 60 and almost a 100 day stretches at a time with no drinking.  Shit, I can honestly say I've had more non-drinking days, than drinking days in the last two years; and I have felt better for it, no doubt.  But when I started this blog, the point was to drink No More.

I don't want to give up now, not this time. I want to beat my record at least!

I can hold on for one more day. 

I know, tomorrow morning, I will be okay.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Lia, those feelings. The alcohol hitting the blood stream. Had those thoughts lots especially early on . They really do lessen. I hope you make it through the day, I know you’ll feel so much more good about things if you do. I was out last night and for the first time didn’t crave the booze or that rush. I was amazed . Seeing a friends drunk sister groping young waiters made me feel sooooo glad I wasn’t drinking. You can do it Lia. There’s lots of us holding your hand 🤗👍
    Jim x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After posting this entry, I gained a bit more resolve and made it without drinking. You were in my thoughts, believe me. While it is difficult to stop those feelings and thoughts now, I'm keeping the faith they will go away one day. 3 weeks today; time moves fast, before you know it, in a blink of an eye, it's going to be 2020!

      Thank you Jim for holding my hand! xo, Lia

      Delete
  2. Yay for not giving in, Lia!
    It REALLY DOES GET EASIER!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know from yourself, and all others blogs I read, that is does get better. I have to have faith, in time (lots of it for me) it will get easier! How's the Christmas tree looking? xo

      Delete
    2. It is beautiful! I’ll get photos up soon!

      Delete
  3. You're doing really well! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for getting through that patch. 3 weeks - excellent! Jim x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems such a tiny amount of time, with massive unknowns ahead. I need to change my attitude, as I want to make it this time. Not feeling well is probably the culprit for the lows right now. Thanks for cheering me on Jim!

      Delete