Sunday, July 30, 2017

Watermelon Festival

It's early Sunday morning and I've been up since 6:30 a.m.  I'm going to a watermelon festival in the San Fernando Valley, which is about a hour and half drive from where I live.  This is something I've never done, or would have thought to do while I was drinking.  Sunday mornings were ALWAYS for sleeping in after a night of drinking.  But now that I haven't drank in eight Saturdays straight, I find I'm doing things I never thought of doing.  As most know, mornings are now the time to have fun, as the evenings are still challenging.  I associate night time fun with drinking involved, so it's still hard to face the evenings, but that's okay, because it should get better.

So I'm off to discover what one does at a watermelon festival, besides eat watermelon.  And of course, I plan to eat a lot of watermelon!  Better than drinking a lot of booze.

Here's to another day without drinking!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Lia - have a great day!
    I have found that definately nights do get easier, but more so your life becomes so much better without alcohol. There are still many tough times but that is just plain life without medication of alcohol. The person we become is so much more honest and whole without alcohol.
    Congrats on the two months - tough going I know xx
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a good day, but it was tough going for sure when I saw the beer tent! The day was really warm and a cold beer just seemed to fit the day. As I know one beer would not have been the case, I pushed the thought out of the way and had several slices of watermelon instead! Thanks for cheering me on! xoxo, ll

      Delete