Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Sparks

I’m not 100% sober, but I’m much better now than I was when I started my journey to stop the madness. November 2015 is when I stumbled across Mummy was a Secret Drinker’s blog, from there, I found other wonderful bloggers dealing with the issues of alcohol (or on paths of soberity), Wendy, Michelle, Anne, Hurrah for Coffee, PDTG, and so many more…this led me to start my own blog this past June. Of course, it was started the day after a horrible evening of drinking to excess.  Blogging has and is helping me to deal with my drinking problem.

I don’t want to be caught up in the nightmare cycle of drinking to excess.  But I know even moderate drinking, for me, can/does trip into indulgence. I know it’s the addiction.  The only solution is to not drink at all.  And this is what I’m fighting myself with at this time.  I know I’ve turned a corner.  I know I can do this, it’s a matter of sticking with it and not letting temptation call.  With that being said, reading blogs helps so very much.  Michelle at givingupdrugsandalcohol.blogspot.com wrote an empowering post recently, which struck a chord with me.  As long as I’m honest with myself and others about my drinking (or anything really), I can face the problem.

It’s sparks like these, which help me to get closer to my goal.  

Thank you Michelle; I don’t want to drink.  

6 comments:

  1. It's so true for me, I had to get brutally honest with myself and my hubs, in order to get and stay sober.
    I so wanted to moderate too.
    Use the power of us to help give you the strength!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so nice Lia for you to say. Wendy is right with the brutally honest bit.
    I do PROMISE one thing - the more distance you get between you and alcohol (even if you say 'hey I'll have a drink once I hit 1 year') the more likely you are to make better decisions FOR YOU once you get their.

    there is no way I could make the decision alcohol wan't for me a year or 6 months ago. If someone had said that was it, I would have said yes but inside thought "get real".

    Having those drinks the other day, feeling that feeling during the night and the next day, I just didn't remember how bad it was for me mentally. What a lonely shit place, I have just decided that the limited "high" of alcohol wasn't worth that feeling ever.

    Another thing which I forgot to add, as I hid it from the kids they didn't know, but I noticed by humour being spiteful and sarcastic - said a few things that were just, off. They i sent a txt to my friend which was, well not what I wanted to say.

    I used to think alcohol was a "truth serum" but it isn't - it's a 'turn me into a fucking horrible monster serum'

    Sorry to go on xxx
    Love to you Lia
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. LOL! You're too funny, you're message came through loud and clear. No worries about the spelling, I appreciate the comment more than you know. xoxo ll

      Delete