Thursday, November 9, 2017

Roller Coaster

I'm still doing okay; haven't drank much, manage three, four day stretches without drinking, but then...well you know.  Haven't gotten drunk, over-the-top, or blackouts since the last episode on September 30th.  The goal is still to be alcohol free.

On a separate note, I've been dealing with separation anxiety, as my only biological daughter is moving to Germany in a few days.  She married a very nice guy who is in the British military, who happens to be stationed in Germany.  She married him last December.  Their romance was a whirlwind affair.  I still can’t believe it at times, but the bottom line, she’s moving far, far away from me.  We are very close.  I’m having a hard time with her leaving.  I know she’ll be fine.  She’s an adult.  She’s bright and capable.  And with modern technology, we can stay in touch in all kinds of ways.  But not getting to see her in person, hug her…it’s saddens me. 

And lastly, today is my 21st wedding anniversary.  I don’t write much about my husband, but he’s a great guy.  This is our second marriage for both and we are so fortunate to have found each other when we did!


Actually, I'm better then okay.  I’m loved.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Lia!!
    I live far from my family, and I really miss seeing them and giving them hugs.
    It must be very hard being a mom.
    I am happy to hear from you!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete