Thursday, March 8, 2018

65

I've made it to 65 days with no alcohol, again, been here before

As I've written here many times before, I'm looking forward to 70 days, as that will be my new all time record of consecutive days not drinking!

The past few days have been pretty good ones in terms of not fixating on drinking.  Actually, I've gotten to a place where drinking during the week isn't something I miss too much.  It's the weekends which are still a challenge to get through, but I'm staying focused.

Wine Bitch wrote a blog on the 7 triggers for wanting to drink.  The main trigger for me, at this point, is boredom.  There's no reason to be bored, as I love to read;  I like making little crafts;  I enjoy talking with people; I like to go out and about, thrift shop, etc.  And yet, I find myself thinking I'm bored and a alcohol head change would be enjoyable.  Honestly to a point it would be, for me. 

BUT, it never stays on a enjoyable, healthy level.  It hasn't in a long, long time.  Sure, occasionally it did, but I always manage to cross the point eventually.  Then, it just went down hill from there.  This is what I keep reminding myself, over and over and over and over....

Anyway, I'm okay, because I'm not drinking.

Today, I need to go do something new and exciting, so I decided to get a bikini wax at the local cosmetology school.  Fifty-five years old isn't too old to start!  LOL!


2 comments:

  1. LOL! Sounds perfect!
    You are doing all the right things, thinking of your triggers, and thinking where drinking will bring you. It took me awhile to not feel "cheated" or "Bored" by not drinking at weekends, especially with hubs at dinners, or with friends.
    Now, though, I am very happy to be going home sober!!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one of the reasons why I like you so much, your happiness shines through in your writings. Even when you are dealing with lows, you still see the upside. Thank you for saying I'm doing the right things. I'm trying to do just that! xo, ll

      Delete