Wednesday, March 28, 2018

85

I've made it!  85 days not drinking.  This is the longest I've gone without drinking since my late 20's!  It's taken hard work, but it can be done and it's worth it.  I'm no where near "cured" and what I mean by that is, I still have desires and longings for drinking.  I wish this wasn't the case, but it's the truth.  I'm not sad, angry or mad about giving up drinking (well, for today), because it wasn't doing me any good.  I'm better off, no doubt.  I haven't had a hangover, blackout, slip up, nor meanie me taking over my body since I've stopped.  And there are many other benefits as well, better health, better sleep, saving money, just to name a few...however, one "not so good" thing has come from stopping drinking.  I EAT TOO MUCH.  I've gained 4 pounds.  At this rate, I'll be rolling down the streets if I don't watch it!

Oh well, I'll deal with my eating issues later, there's just so much one can do, right?

But I've made it pass 85 days, and that's something to be proud of!!!

7 comments:

  1. SUPER PROUD!!!
    Only another person who has stopped drinking knows how HARD it is!!
    You are just doing great.
    I know I've said this before, but it does take some time for the urges and romance to lesson.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Wendy!!! I know you've said the above before, and I appreciate it each time you do! xo, ll

      Delete
  2. GO YOU!! Congratulations!!! Such a great milestone. Keep going the way you’re going because it’s working! You’ll be to triple digits before you know it.

    I gained weight at the beginning too but eventually that All The Food thing goes away on its own. You are so right: one thing at a time.

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope so, the food thing going away, mostly added sweets, as I say I deserve the treat. For now, I do. Maybe after 100 days I'll switch to excercising, LOL!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant news Lia! Just keep concentrating on how great you feel. The desire and longing to drink may never entirely go away, but it does get better and easier to handle. Those feelings do become rarer and rarer.

    Wendy is correct: Only us ex drinkers know how really hard it is to get this far. We also know how fantastic it is!

    As for the weight ... pft! Big deal! Worry about that later! Since stoppping drinking and smoking, I have put on 4 (!) stone and gone up 3 dress sizes!! To be honest, I did need to put on some weight - I was gaunt and very very thin before hand. Going to the gym and doing various classes is helping to occupy me and tone me up a bit. I haven't lost any weight yet - but I'm sure it will come!

    Keep at it Lia! The next 'mile stone' could be 100 days! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs W! As I mentioned to Sam, exercising may be my next thing to take up. Hahaha! Glad you are doing so well too. :-)

      Delete
  4. Awesome!
    Keep doing what’s working. Notice your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete