Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spring

The first day of Spring.  Southern California is sunny more times than not, especially by this time of the year, but wouldn't you know it, we are to have our biggest rain storm, of the year, in the next day or so.  We need the rain, so it's really a blessing, but the darker days haven't been good for my mood.  This year just isn't going the way I envisioned.

I started the year off with a great attitude about giving up drinking once and for all!  The first 40 days or so it was pretty easy, but as time has gone by I've lost the enthusiasm.  Why?  It doesn't really matter the why, it's just the case.  I knew it was going to get tough at times, but I thought I'd have a better attitude about it all.  Good old attitude.

Today, I told myself to just let it all go.  Let the new "seeds" of gratitude, contentment and joy set in to grow.  I'm lucky in so many ways.  I have my health, food and shelter; I have people who care and love me; I have enough money to take care of my family; I have a decent paying job; I have more than enough in my life to be thankful for, so just be appreciative.

As many have shared, I'm worth it to be happy, if I just let the agony of drinking go.

Today is the first day of Spring, a new day to start fresh.

4 comments:

  1. It is still early in your recovery! It took me some time to really come to a place of peace with being sober.
    I used the phrase, Act As If.
    Gratitude really is a key to a happy life, Lia!
    Happy Spring! (Although we are getting snow here in Minnesota as I type! LOL)
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still very early in the game for me, I'm trusting it will get better with time. And stay warm, I can't image snow at this time of the year (or ever really, as it never snows where I live). LOL! Thanks Wendy! xoxo, ll

      Delete
  2. Wendy’s right - it takes a while. I used to think of it as the “boring” part of being sober. Yeah I’m not drinking so why isn’t everything better than it is? It will get better again if you stick with it - truly! I used to think to myself “do it anyway” a lot.

    Happy spring!
    (It was -zero- degrees F here this morning.)

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I'm doing all I can to stick with the plan, thanks to the support from you all. Stay warm as well. xo, ll

      Delete