Thursday, April 12, 2018

I sometimes can't believe I'm doing this...

This is the longest I've gone without alcohol since my late 20's (I didn't drink much during this decade of my life, but there where other "things"...).

I can and can't believe it.

Do I still miss drinking?  Yes.
Do I want to drink? No and Yes.
Do I know I'm WAY better off never drinking again? Yes.
Has my life been better these past three months? Yes.

Why? So many reasons why, of which ALL have been written about by many bloggers.  No need to repeat them all.  But still, I'm holding back, wondering if I can go the distance.  I want to.

But can I do this?  I wish I could say 100% yes, but I still struggle with the self talk.
So can I do this? Yes.
Do I want to do this? Yes.
Will I do this?  That's the million dollar question.

One day at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it’s easy. Sometimes it’s hard. All the time it’s worth it.

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth it, thank you for reminding me of this point Sam. I have to "just" get through the hard times. They are getting a little farther apart, the hard times, and that is something! xo, ll

      Delete
  2. Yep I agree with SamKD. Yes you can do it.

    ReplyDelete