Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Challenges

Today at work, there was a celebration for a co-worker who hit the 20 year mark!  We all went to lunch; cocktails where ordered along with lunch.  I didn't feel antsy or uncomfortable not ordering a drink, and decided on a mock-tail.  Cranberry juice with soda water and some other ingredient.  Slice of line added to the lip of the glass.  It was a very good drink, but not something I would pay for myself.  How this drink could be $7, I'll never know, but when the company picks up the tab, well...

The event was nice, beside the one drink, no one ordered another.  I knew no one would, because when we've gone out like this for lunch, one drink is the maximum anyone orders.  Right thing to do, really, as going back to work, who wants to be buzzed?  Well, not true, I'm sure a few would have liked to get buzz, but the stigma of drinking too much at lunch is now the norm. 

Anyway, on our way back to work, I was talking away, joking, and someone said, "what was in your drink?", and I smiled and said, "double shot of cranberry juice".  Everyone laughed; I thought, really, I'm seem a "little too happy"? 

Well, image what another mock-tail would have done!

Day 3 almost over, and I feeling very happy indeed!

3 comments:

  1. Yes!
    Lol!
    I’ll never understand how much they charge for mock tails either!
    Shine on, girl,
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that, "Shine on", maybe the light stay bright for awhile! You're the best Wendy!

      Delete