Thursday, November 28, 2019

Day 11 - Thanksgiving

It's early here, just before 8am and it is raining hard.  I've been up for awhile listing to it raining, feeling the beauty of it, as it cleanses the earth.  How I wish I had an internal washing away of the thoughts to drink.  Someday, they will no longer call; for now, I have to hold on to the belief that it will stop.  And it will.

Today is Thanksgiving in the US; time to be with family and friends, to be grateful and giving to all.  In a way, it's sad, because the focus of this day should be on everyday, not just today, but that's another issue altogether.  I am grateful and thankful for all I have in my life, the good, bad and ugly.  So for all those in the US who maybe reading this, have a wonderful Thanksgiving day!

For those outside the US, those reading and sharing my story/journey, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!  Your support is more than appreciated; it's what true Thanksgiving means.

Now I am off to get ready for the day.  I hope I don't get a turkey/mash potato/pumpkin pie hangover tomorrow!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Lia. You are doing brilliantly. Those thoughts to drink do gradually recede and it’s well worth the short term angst. Brilliant stuff 🙂👍🏻✊
    Jim x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim! I holding on to believing the thoughts will receded, I hope faster this time around.

      Delete
  2. Very happy!
    I DO have a pie hangover!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, I did have have a pie hangover, in fact, I still have a 2/3rd apple pie left! LOL!

      Delete
  3. But pie hangovers are SO much better than the other kind!
    Go you!

    ReplyDelete