Friday, November 22, 2019

Day 5 - Breakfast of Champions

Start of the fifth day, knowing I won't drink today. I have no doubts. Today I will be free of alcohol.

With that being said, I decided as I was doing so well (for me) I would treat myself to a doughnut.  As I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, I also decided to eat 10 pieces of chicken nuggets from Burger King.  I ordered a coffee, black.  To top it off, I needed a packet of honey mustard sauce to dip the nuggets before munching away.  Oh, and I didn't stop with one doughnut, I always bought six doughnut holes, 3 glazed and 3 with sprinkles.  I do not feel guilty about this one bit.

There are far worse things I could put in my body, and we all know what I'm referring to.

I feel good!

8 comments:

  1. So pleased you are doing this! I did well for a while but lost it earlier this year. Am ready to go again I
    am going to try blogging again. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MNW!

      It's hard to start, I know, but once started, it is worth it! Join me! But you do you, and you'll start when you are ready.

      Delete
  2. I realized one day I had eaten breakfast at Starbucks, lunch at Taco Bell and dinner at Subway. Good Lord. As my son says nowadays...."It's what it's". Strangely I think this is still grammatically correct. My new saying, lol. Day 6, yay us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in good company then! Day 7 now! Stay strong Habit!! xo, ll

      Delete
  3. I’ve been eating desserts instead of lunch! Calling them snacks!
    Lol
    But making myself walk to get them!
    Hugs!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy!

      Good strategy! With time, I hope to treat myself other ways, and not with junk food, but for now, I'm fine with it!

      Delete
  4. Well done Lia! You deserve to treat yourself. Glad it’s going well.
    Jim x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going well, yes, but a few times, here and there, the sneaky mind talk starts, "why are you doing this now?". And I say, because Jim assured me it was worth another try! But really, I was standing by the sidelines, telling myself, "just do it". Early days yet, but I am determined. xo, ll

      Delete