Sunday, May 5, 2019

15 Days

I made it through a mini get-a-way with no alcohol!  Well, actually, I did take two tastes of beer.  My hubby and me left Friday morning to Kernville, and stayed in a lovely room by the Kern river!  This is one of our favorites places to visit.  The mountain air, small city square and the beauty of the river always makes us relax and unwind. There's a brewery there we like, which we have visited many times, that sells a beer called Isabella Blonde.  I love the taste of this beer.  Of course, we went there and my husband order a glass of Isabella and I a root beer.  My husband turned to me and said the beer tasted "off".  He told the woman who served him the beer something wasn't right about the taste and she tasted it and said it was fine.  My hubby said to me, "please taste it", you'll see what I mean, so I did.  And it wasn't good.  Something was off about it, and the bartender said no problem to change it out.  My husband ordered something we never tried before.  He said it was very good, but stronger than Isabella.  He said, "taste it", and I thought, a taste can't hurt me.  And you know what, it didn't!  I personally didn't like this new beer taste compared to Isabella.  I figured, "the powers that be" made sure my favorite beer wasn't going to tempt me, and therefore, Isabella ended up flat on the ground, so to speak. 

Today, on our way back home, my husband said it didn't seem like a big deal I didn't drink.  He said it seemed easy for me not drinking. I won't say it was easy, but he's right, it wasn't too bad at all!

Fifteen days down, half-way to my 30 day challenge with my sober buddy!


3 comments: