Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Feeling Even Better!

I've made the 30 day challenge with Habit!  Except for a couple days there, overall, it wasn't too hard of a fight not to drink.  There's no doubt it's better not drinking to excess, drinking every day, or drinking just for the hell of it (meaning to get blitz), no doubt at all.

In the past two years, I've completed a few long stretches of not drinking. A lot of times drinking only one or two drinks at a time and days between with no drinks. This has resent my behavior with alcohol for the better.  But I do have a ways to go, and I'm moving in the right direction.

However, drinking occasionally and responsibly has it's allure for me.  I'm going to enjoy this upcoming Memorial weekend with some drinks.  Then jump back on the horse for another long ride with no alcohol.  I shared my story with a neighbor, she's a young lady in her early 30's, and she wants to join my next "dry spell", until her 4th of July party.  I'm looking forward to the next stretch with this new buddy (Habit will always be my first #1), as she lives right across the street! 

I didn't think moderation was something I could do.  But, I think changing my frame of mind, and working on many different areas in my life has help me to get to this place.  I don't mean to say this is the way for everyone.  I still admire those who have gone 100% sober.  I know it's a positive. 

Moderation, for me, for now, works.  And if it doesn't (I hate jinxing myself), I'll write about it here to keep it real.


3 comments:

  1. You did it!!! Yay!!! And you pulled me along too. Day 30 tonight for me too. I couldn't have done it without you, for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've written it before, I want to be like you, 100% free of the drink. Stay with us Wendy, We are getting there!

      Delete