Friday, January 5, 2018

5

The fifth day has arrived, and it’s Friday!  The weekend evenings are the hardest to get through in the early days of giving up alcohol.  We all know this.  I’m in a good place, so I know I will get through tonight for sure.  So I thought for today’s reflections I would write the top five reasons why I shouldn’t drink.

  1. Health reasons; too much alcohol is a poison, wreaks havoc on the body
  2. Hangovers; as I’ve gotten older, I just can’t recoup from the damage of too much alcohol
  3. Relationships; I’m not a good drunk, I get bitchy and mean to those I love and care about, I don’t want to hurt anyone, anymore because of drinking
  4. Self-Esteem; I’ve beaten myself up for far too many years because of my problem with drinking, if I don’t drink, this will go away
  5. Finances; I’m a frugal person by nature, except in the area of buying alcohol and/or going out to consume alcohol; I know I’ll see more money in my hands by not drinking at all

So my top five reasons to not drink EVER again.  There are many more reasons not to drink, no doubt about it, but for now, listing the top five will do!


Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments: