Sunday, January 7, 2018

Worth Dying For

Sunday morning is almost gone.  I woke up and read in bed until 10:30 a.m.  I love to read.  I could read all day and night, it's my escape.  I made it through my first Friday and Saturday night without drinking.  Last year, after my birthday in August, I would drink both nights at times, or sometimes only Friday, or sometimes only Saturday, but I was drinking on weekends.  So it's been a long while where I've not drank through a weekend and it wasn't too hard, as I'm still in my "strong phase".  I'm still feeling positive.  I still believe I am losing nothing at all by not drinking, which I know is a fact.  But I also know the mind plays tricks, and there will be challenges down the road.  For now, I'm okay.

I'm going to spend a few hours on errands/chores, then I'm going to read.  I'm reading the series of books by Lee Child, the Jack Reacher novels.  I'm finishing the "Worth Dying For" book.  Talk about a hunk of a man!  Plus, alcohol isn't worth dying for, but staying sober, at all cost, is...

p.s. I know Tom Cruise has played the character of Jack Reacher in movies, but I haven't seen any of them.  I prefer to keep Jack looking like the kind of man my mind has conjured up!


5 comments:

  1. Good work gor getting through the weekend. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I finished the book, now on to the next!

      Delete
  2. Yes, good work! Reading is a wonderful escape, as it helps our brains while we escape! LOL
    Happy Sunday!!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only do I read to escape, but I read to learn too! There is so much one can get out of books. You being a teacher knows that for certain!

      Delete
  3. I've always been an avid reader, but towards the end of my drinking days I found that I 'didn't have time' to read. In other words, I was too busy drinking. I'd get to a certain time and be too sozzled to read, or I'd only be able to read for a short time. Now though, I read a lot - I'm also re-reading books and realising how much I'd forgotten (or missed) because I was drunk.

    ReplyDelete