Monday, January 29, 2018

Home Stretch!

Dry January is almost done and over with!  As I've shared, I'm in a good place this time with not drinking.  Sure, I've had moments of "what if" and I've missed going to some of the places where drinking is a big part of the scene, but I know I'm not missing anything magical about drinking.  There is a teeny, weenie part of me which stills wishes I could moderate, but I've tried and it hasn't worked out that I can.  With that being said, I look front and center to the next month.

I need different mini goals to get to my first 100 days.  Given I don't want to think of February as dry February, I am going to look at it as FREEDOM February. 

Let's see what kinds of freedoms come my way next month!  I will say, I hope I let a few "free" pounds go, as that's something I would have no trouble letting go of for good!

Happy Monday everyone!!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Monday to you and well done for making it so far! I'm on day 31 and keep meaning to blog again. I love the idea of Freedom February. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And good luck to you as well. Blog when you are ready. Let me know if you do, I'll go check you out!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Anne for the comment!

      And hi there Giving, missed you! Hope all is well, and that you are enjoying your fire fighting job. You last post kicked me into gear, and I'm holding strong. Thanks! xoxo, ll

      Delete
    2. Michelle, I went to take a look at your blog and it's gone. I hope you are doing so well, you don't need or want to blog anymore. I'll miss you. Thanks for being one of the first to comment on my blog and to have commented along the way with your support. xoxo, ll

      Delete
  3. That is perfect, because it's SO true!
    Everyone I talk to in recovery talk about freedom they have now!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, my head knows it's true, but I have a long ways to go before I truly believe I can do this. But with your, and all others, lovely support, I think I can!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know, I love it too. I shared this with a co-worker yesterday and she said she was going to continue her "no processed sugar" into Feb., using the word freedom to keep her motivated.

      Now I'm thinking, what should March be???

      Thanks for stopping by PDTG!

      Delete