Friday, June 30, 2017

26 Days

Last year I went 37 days straight, when I drank on Super Bowl Sunday, February 7, 2016.  This time around, I'm stronger and I can do this!  I wrote this in my journal January 2016:

Discipline is absolutely vital when it comes to making changes in your life.  Discipline simply means that you stick with a positive routine even when there are temptations to do something else. You stick with it even when the rewards seem small today, because you know the rewards will be big tomorrow.  Discipline means you stick with it even when it is the last thing in the world you want to do.

I wrote this in my journal February 8, 2016:

"I fell down and drank yesterday.  Way too much!  Three glasses of wine, two beers and three shots of whiskey!  I blacked out.  Why?  I thought I could control it.  I know I can't.  I'm not going to beat myself up.  I will do it this time.  I WILL.  Moderation is truly impossible for ME.  Lesson learned."

I'm not going backwards this time.  I'm NOT.


4 comments:

  1. Blacking out is the worst.
    One time I had too much to rink before going to a show with hubs, and I fell over in the isle and rolled down.
    It was humiliating, but I still didn;t stop.
    I blacked out for awhile when we were having dinner the same night.
    Ugh.
    I never want to have that pain again.
    Life is better sober.
    More peace, more fun, more laughs!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100%. Life is better sober, I do have more peace, but I waiting for the fun and laughs to truly begin. I know they will, I trust all you lovely people who say it will be so. Thanks Wendy!

      Delete
  2. Takes a while xx
    I am only just starting to get the really good feelings more consistently.
    Dealing with my anxiety is making my life 100% easier to manage. Never would have with alcohol. No way.
    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS really interesting reading that and having those thoughts to look at for reference. Like having an insight into the "what if" but you have a "definitely happened"!

    There is no what if anymore as you know.
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete