Monday, June 19, 2017

Day 15

I did it!  Another weekend without drinking!  It's still not easy, but I'm holding strong.

Yesterday was Father's Day, here in the states, and I went to a baseball game.  I'm not a sports person, I went primarily for my husband and to people watch.  It was very hot, and the Angels (the baseball team) were not doing well, so I was a bit bored.  Everyone around me was drinking, I couldn't help fixating on the cold cups of beer and frosty mixed drinks, and they even came to you to order and drop off your drinks!  But I held steady to my cup of ice water.  We left the game early, as the Angels were not winning, and went to Hooters (a restaurant/bar chain) for some chicken wings and beer. Again, I stuck with the ice water.   I told my husband, only because it was Father's Day did I allow myself to be around drinking, but next weekend, it's going to be ALL ABOUT ME!

3 comments:

  1. Lia you are doing so well - congratulation on day 15!
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks M! However, I am going to write a post about being a FRAUD. While I haven't drank any alcohol since June 4th, I did smoke marijuana both Saturday and Sunday. I haven't smoked pot since my 30s! I doubt I'll do it again, as it isn't the same kind of high I get from drinking. Not even close. But as my sister said, it was still a substitute for alcohol. So I want to write a post about it, to keep myself as honest as I can, while on this path to quit drinking.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete