Thursday, June 8, 2017

Dinner & H2O

Tonight, my step-daughter and her husband came over for a visit.  They recently married last March, and moved to Texas.  They came out to California for a wedding event this weekend, and made plans to have dinner with us.  A week ago, I would have had wine with dinner and not really eaten, so I could drink.  This would possibly lead to drinking more when I got home.  But I held strong and drank water with dinner.  It wasn't too hard to do because I'm still on this positive course.  Blogging is helping.  Four days without drinking is something I haven't done in a long while.  Here's to H2O!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lia
    Do you have this site?
    http://www.livingsober.org.nz/
    you can put in your date and it counts how much money you save and also days.
    I am 214!
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the site info., I will check it out! And congrats on your 214 days!!! There are many bloggers who I've read and admired, and who I've emailed directly. Everyone has been kind and supportive, but your blog kicked me into gear this year. I did try last January to quit, due to Mummy was a Secret Drinker's blog, and made it 40 days straight. However, once I took the first drink, I went back to where I started. But this time, I know not to give in, because nothing good comes of it. May I stay strong!

    ReplyDelete