Thursday, June 15, 2017

Newbies!

Today, after work, I felt the same old calling,  A glass of cold beer would be sooo good.  I haven't drank in 10 days, so a beer wouldn't hurt, right?  When I came into the house, I was so sad because here I was again, fighting with myself.  If it were one, even two beers then it would be okay, but who am I kidding?  Myself.  So I went to the computer to check my blog (Thank you Wendy and Michelle for cheering me on!) and read a few other blogs, when I came across Break the Mundane's blog.  She's a few days behind me on this roller coaster of a sober ride.  While I've written short entries, she has shared miles of honest, funny, and real emotions.  I'm right there with her.  I know exactly what she is feeling.

As seems to be the case, when it seems hardest to make it another day, some inspiration finds it way to me.

So I thank you, Mrs. Breaker!  I thank you very much.  Good luck to us (and ALL) on this ride to freedom!!!  

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lia - I will look at Break the Mundane's blog.
    You know it may look like me or Wendy or just a few but believe me many will be looking and wondering and starting some form of recovery out there.

    I am aware that I am 7 months or so (ok 220 days) and it I am realising that time under your belt does matter. However there is not "class" system or "the more days wins" prize. Not that you have said that at all, it's just when I saw Newies I just wanted to share my thoughts on how well you are doing regardless of you short-number-of-this-time sober days.

    Those days feel like years xx
    keep going
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I would have almost KILLED for a glass of cold beer. Really I promise I was so addicted. I dreamed of it, looked at Corona labels, loved Asahi larger.....
    Now... honestly ... couldn't think of anything worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How true, the days feel like years right now. While I am amazed at myself for staying the course, it's due tremendously to faith in feeling better without alcohol. I am in awe of you and others who broken the cycle. I want to be like you.

      Delete
  3. I will look up her blog, too!
    My AA friends tell me we are all Newbies.
    All of us are only one drink away from starting over, so we can never take sobriety for granted!
    I am so proud of you for not drinking.
    It's hard work, but nothing feels better.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lia... can't find it. Is she on Blogger?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, I'm so new at this blogging I am not sure if she is on Blogger or what. But if you go to Mummy was a Secret Drinker's blog, on her post of strong women, you will see her comment towards the bottom. I clicked on her name and that's how I found her blog. Hope that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete