Thursday, February 1, 2018

Beginnings and Endings

A new month, which I've named "Freedom February".  I figured it was more inspiring than doing another dry month, so let freedom ring!  So far, strong and steady has been the course.  Super Bowl Sunday is this weekend, and I don't want to trip up like I did in 2016.  I'm 100% sure I won't.

On another note, I'm sadden by the loss of "Giving Up Drugs and Alcohol's" blog.  Michelle was one of the first people to reach out and cheer me on when I started this blog.  I'm hoping she's super strong, positively busy and extremely happy with her sobriety, that she no longer needs to post.  She's on to a new chapter in her life.  In fact, I don't need to hope, I believe she's crossed the finish line and she doing just great!   Take care Michelle; I wish you well. 

7 comments:

  1. I like the sound of freedom February - it's very positive. I hope it's a wonderful month for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you TOTW! I just popped over to your blog and CONGRATULATIONS on one full year sober! I hope to be like you a year from now!


    ReplyDelete
  3. Freedom from hangovers, self anger, sloppy slurry speech
    Freedom to drive, laugh, be creative
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So True Wendy! I need to think of those kind of things to keep strong, as I'm still fighting urges here and there, but I'm stronger this time around. Thanks for checking in! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Freedom Feb is a great motto. I know Michelle will be fine. I think she was going on a holiday and after the one year mark might not need her blog so much anymore? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, she was heading somewhere...I agree, she really grew so much is the year she blogged and now she's on to bigger and better things. Thanks PDTG!

      Delete
  5. Great way to put it Lia Leon. I feel free now to live my life instead of being a slave to addiction. It is soooo much better. Big hugs

    ReplyDelete