Saturday, February 10, 2018

Hard At Times

I went to bed at 8pm last night and got up at 8am, 12 hours of sleep.  I've never slept this long before, prior to being sober, on a regular bases, but I've seem to done so many times since I started this sober journey again.  It's par for the course, from other blogs I have read, so I'm not going to worry about it!

Today is a new day.  Today, or least for right now, I feel strong.  I have to clean out our garage, something I promised my husband I would do.  So, after this post, off to that chore.  Anyway, I thought I ask for some advice or good ideas on the subject of travel.

My daughter has moved to Germany, just across the border from Holland.  I'm to go visit in June.  I have never been to Europe.  I would like to visit Prague, my husband wants to visit Italy.  See the issue here?  We are going to be there for about 15 days, and given two days will be to fly in and out of Germany, we really only have 13 days to visit.  The town my daughter lives in, Gutersloh, two hours away from the airport I'm flying into, is small.  A couple days to visit her new in-laws and friends is enough time there.  So the plan is to visit other places.

I am open to any and all suggestions on where to visit, what to see, and doing so on a budget.  My son-in-law can drive us places, but I've read round trip tickets and/or train fares are not too expensive, so I'm open to traveling those ways as well.

I'd love to hear about off-the-beaten path places actually.  I know saying one has been to Paris, London or Rome is chic and all that, but I want to see other things people don't bother to check out.

I don't have many followers here, but I know if you comment about the travel, I know it will be good information. 

Now, I'll worry about drinking on this trip way further down the line.  But maybe by then I won't have to.

Okay, now on to the garage chore....

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I had some ideas! Sounds like an awesome trip!!
    I hope the cleaning went well!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleaning out of the garage was a success! My husband said he thought we were going to kill each other, but we didn't! I must admit, it was worth the work.

      The trip will be great, I'm sure my daughter will figure some things out, but never hurts to asks others for input.

      Here's to another great week!

      Delete
  2. I can’t offer any help on the “where” part but regarding “how” let me shate that sober vacationing sounds hard in advance but it is actually -totally- awesome once it actually happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I'm heading to Corpus Christie, TX this weekend to visit my step-daughter and her husband. I've never been, so I'm looking forward to the mini trip. This will be a prelim test to traveling without drinking. I think it will go well!

      Delete