Monday, February 19, 2018

I did it!!

I did not drink on my trip!  There were a few moments, a few tempting situations, in which I fought with my inner-self about having a drink, but I held strong.  My step-daughter and husband were supportive and did not drink much at all.  Even my husband, who loves to have a few drinks when we are out and about sight seeing, kept it to a couple beers.  Except for those few moments, I didn't agonize through the trip about drinking.  I'm hopeful.  I know I can stay sober for the rest of the month.  Freedom February is almost over.

I'll worry about next month, next month. 

5 comments:

  1. Hooray! Go you! Weathering those tempting moments totally built up more sober muscle. I hope all the positive parts of sober vacationing more than made up for the hard bits. Hope you got yourself some nice vacation treats too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a quick, but a very good trip. I've never been to Texas, so site seeing was the treat! Writing this now, I can say I had a better time NOT drinking, compared to if I had. But as I wrote, there were a few trying moments.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! Well done! I'm sure your trip was all the better for not being squiffy. Now you know that, even in the face of the temptation of others drinking booze around you, you are strong enough to flick the wine witch off your shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that, "flick the wine witch off your shoulder." But honestly, it was like shoving her up a hill for a few moments there. As time goes by, I'm hoping it will only take a flick to push her away! LOL!!

      Delete
  3. Woo Hoo!!
    Happy dance! Trips were the hardest for me at first, but now so much better!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete