Friday, February 23, 2018

I know there will be days like this...

It's Friday night, 5pm.  Today was a very productive day.  My daughter video called me from Germany and we had a great talk.  She just got a cute little wiener dog, a female she named Stevie.  I also had a great talk with my mom today as well.  My husband came home in a great mood.  All is well, except I want to drink tonight.  Just a few glasses of wine.  I just do.  I wish I didn't feel this way, but I do.  I know it's not good for me, and yet...it's hard tonight and I don't know why.

I know it's the addiction calling (the wine witch) and it's taking all I can do at the moment not to give in.  I want to be better.

Update, 6:31pm, the cravings have subsided.  I ate half of a thin crust pepperoni pizza.  Also had one piece of caramel chocolate and will make a cup of hot chocolate in a bit.  I'm going to take a hot shower and get in my pj's and read.  I didn't realize how hungry I was, and my old behavior would be to drink on an empty stomach, so the alcohol could get in my blood stream faster.  To hell with the calories right now!  I didn't drink. 

7 comments:

  1. It is hard, so hard, for so many reasons. Try to just get through tonight. That's all. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HD it is hard, and I feel like a wimp about it all. Thank you for sending your heartfelt thoughts my way; it was a life-line to see your comment. It helped so much. Again, thank you.

      Delete
  2. You aren't a wimp, you are very strong, admirably so. I am in your rear view mirror but I will get there. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like all feelings this one will pass. But I know when you are in the middle of it it's so hard. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Stick with your sobriety, it is the best choice. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is better, mornings are always better, given the fights I have with myself on some evenings. Thank you for supporting me onward PDTG!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on working through the craving! It was smart to eat, too. I used to always put off eating till after at -least- the first drink so hunger was a huge trigger for me. You are abdolutely right not to worry about calories at this stage. You are doing g great; keep going! :)

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! I keep going back to your earlier posts (and others as well) to gather strength to go on, I will keep going. I want to get to 70 days so bad. Then I'll worry about the other days then. xo, ll

      Delete